Random42 Scientific Communications Internship
Although this is a rolling deadline, applications are encouraged as soon as possible to ensure you don’t miss out.
Random42 provides digital scientific communication solutions to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, and we have an in-house team of PhD level scientists who work on content and client management. Random42 consists of scientists, artists, animators and programmers, who collaborate to effortlessly intertwine the worlds of science, art and technology, producing some of the most impactful scientific imagery, stories and interactive experiences.
Find out more here: https://random42.com/
See also the blog posts written by our recent PIPS interns:
Sarah Stevenson (nee Gratton): https://www.whiterose-mechanisticbiology-dtp.ac.uk/sarah-gratton-random42-scientific-communications/
Ashley Hayes: Watch out for Ashley’s PIPS case study coming soon on the DTP website!
What you will do
The PIPS intern would join our medical team to work on the following areas day to day:
- Researching background information for new projects
- Drafting short scripts – This involves putting together a word document that includes the narration and a description of the visuals to be paired up with the voice-over
- Referencing scripts (each statement must be backed up by recent publications)
- Putting together reference packs and adding annotations to storyboards
- Sitting in on client calls to gain live-feedback on scripts and project progress
- Making script/reference amends as requested by clients
- Researching specific protein structures via the Protein Data Bank and drug molecules via Pubchem, to ensure a high level of scientific accuracy in projects
- Putting together storyboards to brief to our production team
- Spend time with our Production Director to see the process of modelling various structures, and how these are then turned into a scene and animated
- Gain an understanding of the whole project process, from script to voice over recording, animation and delivery of the final video
Benefits to the student
- Client management skills
- Writing skills for different audiences
Working with creatives
- Digital asset approval processes
- Quality checking
- Brief writing and presenting
Benefits to the company
Previous interns have had a huge impact on projects, helping push them to completion in time for deadlines, checking quality and scientific accuracy, gathering background information and helping to form storylines. In short, they become one of the team!
A keen eye for detail, a creative mind and a drive to get things done for deadlines.
3 months, available to start ASAP.
114-116 Marylebone Lane, London, W1U 2HH, UK
The internship can be done in-person or entirely remotely as we work on a hybrid system.
Contact details for queries
Eleanor Spreckley, email: email@example.com
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested at working at R42.
Deadline for applications
Interested students can apply at any time. However, this is a popular internship so applications are encouraged to apply ASAP.