Azotic Technologies Ltd is an innovative Biotech company specialising in the development and commercialisation of novel microbial biostimulants for the agricultural sector.
We are a global leader in Biological Nitrogen-Fixation (BNF) and are currently expanding our
commercial microbial product portfolio into markets in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia. Our
products provide fixed nitrogen across all crops, resulting in enhanced yield and plant health, savings on nitrogen fertiliser while reducing the environmental impact of intensive crop production.
With sites in the UK, Canada and North America, we are a rapidly developing company with a unique product portfolio and an exciting product pipeline beyond Nitrogen-fixation.
Azotic is currently embarking on an expansion program to meet our global objectives. This expansion includes significant growth in our global team and a substantial investment in our technical and operational infrastructure. We have recently moved into our bespoke Technical Development Centre in Dunnington, York housing up to 30 scientific and administrative employees.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people to join us on our exciting journey to enhance global food security.
You will be working in a highly skilled team investigating the effects of Gluconacetobacter diazotrophicus (Gd) and designed consortia of microorganisms on main crops and horticultural
crops, aimed at addressing challenges posed by global warming and to reduce the use of pesticides.
- Design, plan and perform studies to support the development of new products
- Ensure that experiments are completed to the required quality and regulatory standards
- Analyse and present results in written reports
- Work as part of the product development team to ensure a safe and efficient laboratory
Skills developed during placement
- Work experience in a professional environment
- Multi-disciplinary skills in Biotechnology
- Day to day work following quality and regulatory standards
- Entrepreneurial skills
- University degree and currently completing a PhD in a relevant field
- Experience in microbiology, biochemistry or plant physiology
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
Contact: Derek Lincoln Derek.email@example.com
If needed, the host organisation is willing to provide additional funding for accommodation and travel. If you are not sure how to approach this, please consult your local PIPS Contact:
Leeds – Catherine Liddle, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheffield – Linda Harris, email: email@example.com
York – Phil Lang, email: firstname.lastname@example.org