About the organisation
QIAGEN is the leading global provider of Sample to Insight solutions to transform biological materials into valuable molecular insights. QIAGEN sample technologies isolate and process DNA, RNA and proteins from blood, tissue and other materials. Assay technologies make these biomolecules visible and ready for analysis. Bioinformatics software and knowledge bases interpret data to report relevant, actionable insights. Automation solutions tie these together in seamless and cost-effective molecular testing workflows. QIAGEN provides these workflows to more than 500,000 customers around the world. QIAGEN employ approximately 5,000 people in over 35 locations worldwide.
Our mission is to make improvements in life possible by enabling our customers to achieve outstanding success and breakthroughs in life sciences, applied testing, pharma and molecular diagnostics.
Our commitment to the markets, customers and patients we serve drives our innovation and leadership in all areas where our Sample to Insight technologies are required. The exceptional talent, skill and passion of our employees are key to QIAGEN’s excellence, success and value.
QIAGEN Manchester Ltd
Lloyd Street North
NB You may need to enquire about remote-working depending on the coronovirus lockdown rules and organisational structures in place at the time of applying.
In QIAGEN Manchester we focus on delivering solutions which facilitate personalised
healthcare. You will join a highly motivated team working on developing Molecular diagnostic PCR based assays. Duties that will be required:
- Design, plan and perform studies for individual research project to support the
development of new diagnostic products
- Ensuring that experiments are completed to the required quality and regulatory
- Analyse and present results in written reports
- Working as part of the product development team to ensure a safe and efficient
- University degree and currently completing a PhD in a relevant field
- Experience in molecular biology (PCR, RT-PCR, primer design, NGS)
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Planning and problem solving
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
Skills Developed during Placement
- Working experience in a professional environment
- Experience in new molecular biology techniques
- Day to day work following quality and regulatory standards
How to apply
Submit your application to the following contacts at QIAGEN:
James Curran (James.Curran@qiagen.com)
Clement Larcher (Clement.Larcher@qiagen.com)
Brandon Foster (Brandon.Foster@qiagen.com)
(please include the following in email subject: PhD placement – “your name”)
Possible timeframe: flexible between August 2021 to September 2022
No. of placements offered: flexible